Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Back from....

I was unable to upload my entries from my location. Here are few entries I wrote during that time..
This is an entry I wrote on 1/03/06 . I will be uploading regularly from now on. For those of you who emailed me about the blog; I was unable to upload but will continue to bring out my views of maldives life and politics...

Well a lot has been going on in ths country... sometime back MDP organized a mass gathering. It was a gathering yes.. but any gathering that would not top the previous gathering will hold no real power. I guess mdp compleltey underestimated the governmnet and its powers. from the very onset the governmnet controlled media started a campaing of warning the citizens about gathering. although the constitution guarentees these gatherings there is still a lot of fear instilled within the ordinary people from years of prosecuting individuals who gather in public and actaully even private places. its going to be real hard to get the masses to gather unless its a spontanious act like the black friday where there was an unprising due to the governmnet shooting some inmates and killing some of them through toture. I am sad to say that this gathering was a failure and mdp should stop calling for mass gatherings if they cant get the people to come out. I must add that the number of people in theses gaterings is not a barameter for the support of mdp, most of the people stay at home simply beacsue they will be thrown in jail or will loose their job or loose other social benifits. This is how the government operates with the help of the natioal security and the polics force. people are gettting frustrated with mdp not being able to topple this government. mdp should reiterate that this fight is going to be hard and long. listen to the speeches of bush on terror.. mdp should make the masses understand that removing gayyoom wont be an easy thing rather than painitng the picture that gayyoom might flee any minute now.. HE WONT. why would he? he is an elected president and there is no reason for him to flee (at least in his mind). now that the party system is introduced, his predecssors will carry on building the empire as long as drp stays in power.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home