Monday, November 07, 2005

Who is going to Lead the Leaders?

Anni has been transferred to house arrest after being taken for a court hearing. The more the government push anni around the more my heart goes for anni and his true heroism. I don’t know this guy or even met him.. in fact I haven’t even seen him in real life except on TV and papers. He is slowly becoming this mythical figure amongst the most remote islands and communities. In the long run the government will have to completely eliminate this guy or else "the story of anni" will keep on surfacing. It looks like the British opposition has started to take an interest in Maldives politics.. its about time.
From the look of things the MDP is gaining more and more ground and DRP (the government party) has completely lost touch with reality. It has started to become costly to keep a dying regime afloat and sooner than later the whole clan will sink on its own weight. Most of the people who sign up for DRP is either connected with the current government, and to keep these people hooked the government is pumping money in all directions 24/7. I wonder how long this will last... it looks like the government is in its last lag and doing all it takes to keep it going until the next election in 2008.
I have no doubt that MDP has more support at the grass root level. But its still missing the intellectuals and educated youths. I think the time of underground guerrilla interventions are over and MDP needs to clean up its images. Bring in more youth and new faces in to the forefront. A few weeks back MDP has called for its general elections and a handful of people have applied for these. I would advice MDP members to make their choices wisely as this election will determine the success of this movement. I really do not have any real hope in these people except for Dr. Waheed. But I have to ask him where was he all these years when our brothers where tortured and killed? The last time I saw Dr. Waheed was when I was a kid and he was running for the MP of male'. As soon as he got elected the government forced him to flee and since recently lived abroad. Still this is no excuse to come out now and suddenly become a fighter while rest of the people have sacrificed so much to bring us to this point. Munahvar and Zaki two former government ministers are also running in this election with the opposition. Now, I have no problem with people changing sides and I do believe that there are good and fair individuals within the government working for the people of this country. Having said that I do not personally think that these two individuals ever worked for the people while they were in the government. Both of them had their hands dirty up to their elbows in questionable dealings and taking profit from various business transactions. Just ask these individuals to make their business records public and see how much investments and shares they have in companies that inflict so much pain on the most rural communities. Then their is Ibra the male' MP. He was deep in corruption when he was working for the ministry of education. Sometimes I ask myself where the hell was Ibra (male MP) and Shihaab (male MP) when Anni and a handful of heros went and did a peaceful sitting at the republican squire? These were the two MPs that that was suppose to show the whole world that the people of this country was behind this. I am disgusted at these two for empty rhetoric. Shihaab recently went to shake hands with Maumoon on the day of Eid. My guess is that shihaab is trying to please both the crowd specially the people on the boarder. However he should know that, Maldives is not US, and the outcome of polls hardly depend on the undecided. Most Maldivian have already taken a side so just by shaking hands with the president you lost more support than really gain any. I have serious doubts about Shihaab. He seem to be a mole within MDP. He is hardly present in any gatherings and never have the guts to really give any public speeches against the government. He will be scoring the least in my books. Then there is mody whom I do not have any real info so I will refrain from passing any judgment on him.
Anni will get my vote any day any time. Recently I have started to have a new found admiration of Jenny which I never had before. She has recently been convicted of some bogus terrorism charges. I think these are the people who should lead us even during a transitional period. These are the people who sacrificed everything for us.

1 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cyclic-redundancy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home