Friday, August 12, 2005

Eye spy with my little I's

Someone commented on Factmaldives.com to my previous entry titled "messeged in a bottle".. here is his/her comment
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I refer my comments to opinion of EYE, dated 8th of August.

I would like to note that we as Maldivians had something no other country had - our faith in Islam and peace, the former and latter truly being demonstrated in reality. In retrospect we did enjoy it though we took it for granted! we do not have peace anymore, we do not feel secure anymore - merely lost due to some individuals motivated for personal justifications rather than for the true benefit of our nation - Can anyone really Quantify in Economic terms the benefit of having peace and stability that we have enjoyed yet have not even realised that we once had it - Well this country accompolished what it achieved due to the President and his administration.
Your comments now will be: what about our people and thier wealth, their
freedom, their social security and the list goes on!!!

Is there a perfect society, a perfect government, Do you really think MDP has the capacity to run a Government when they have self defeated themselves by displaying no strategic planning nor any discipline.

I am sure the current administration has room for improvement, like any other government and a society of this size needs stabilty and peace for our
progression rather than unsubstantiated arguments to further create unrest. Why not consider a much more civilized approach to harness your opinions. Talk Sense, talk reality.

Talk sense, Talk reality. - Thursday, August 11, 2005 5:17 PM
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Talk sense, Talk reality.

Before I say anything let me point out a few words from your post "... unsubstantiated arguments to further create unrest. Why not consider a much more civilized approach to harness your opinions. Talk Sense, talk reality."

First the posts i create here are my own thoughts and is not intended to inflame, incite or anger anyone. If my wordings seem harsh and unjustified I take it back and apologize. However that does not mean I do not stand by what i have said in the previous posts. When you say "consider a much more civilized approach to harness your opinions..." I see nothing uncivilized about the way I write my posts. In every post I have reiterated that these are my simple thoughts. my opinions, my dreams.. What is the more civilized approach? Secondly I am not a supporter of MDP in fact I hate MDP as much as I hate DRP, again my previous posts will be witness to that. If you feel I have misrepresented facts I would appreciate if you could clear them out for me..
Yes. there are a lot of things that the current administration did right. For example I will commend the current administration and specifically presidents policy for controlling Islamic extremism. However having said that bare in mind this same policy lead to stereotyping and a lot of backlash against decent law abiding people too. There are other good policies and projects that the current administration did. Unfortunately I am not here to sing the 'sanaa" for the current administration simply because what good that’s done, they did because it is their duty as public servants. In my opinion if you chose to become a public figure, post like this and various other avenues of criticism is inevitable. If one cannot take that than he/she should refrain from becoming public servant or a public figure. I do not think or rather was my intention, for my posts to defame and character assassinates anyone.

Again- Yes the current administration did a lot of good to this country but that is not a free ticket to rule for life. Every government has its own problem but not every government deny its own problems. While the rest of the world grew around us, this administration left us bogged down on ever changing policies. Please do not point you finger at male' because that is a tiny dot from a whole nation. Ministers of this current administration misused funds over and over again for 27 odd years. Our public money. You walk around the streets of male'. Go to the market area and ask the people around, these are open secrets in this small community. You ask me to prove it.. I CAN'T... as an individual from the public, i do not have any obligation to prove anything.. but as public servants (the government) you have a huge obligation to prove to its people that no funds are/were misused. It is a governments obligation to keep on showing to the public what it is doing with the money and resources. Does anything get debated when huge amounts of our limited resources get used on projects. You see... the current administration works on the policy "TRUST US.. WE ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING.. " maybe its the right thing, but this is not how democracy works. Yes the president H.E Maumoon Abdul Gayyoom is the elected president and I have no doubt about it, and yes that means a lot of individuals vested a lot of trust on this person. But this does not mean that he is immune from judgment. He will have to answer for all his action before the public and in the end in front of GOD.
I do agree with you that there are no perfect societies or perfect governments but why is it so hard for the current government to say this publicly to its people. Why have they never in the last 27 years publicly come out and say "we were wrong and we will take responsibility for our actions" Never have i heard this. Ill thought policies and huge misappropriation of funds get swept under the carpet without any public acknowledgement. Seems like everyone in the current administration has some sort of a god given immunity. Too many bad things have added up under this administration to easily out weigh the goods. Too many people have been hurt.
You ask me to look at peace and security that this government has brought us. How can one admire peace and security implemented by stripping its people's freedom and liberty. Peace and security should come from protection not from restriction.


The above thoughts are not meant to hurt anyone or incite violence. My posts are based on what I see and what I feel. These are (as some people commented) unsubstantiated arguments so please do not agree to my posts at face value.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home